By TV Chef, Jeeny Maltese
Jeeny Maltese, Co-Founder of My Nutrition Ireland and Food/Recipe Editor at the theTaste.ie has kindly agreed to share her content with us. Jeeny is a TV Chef who specialises in producing healthy recipes and alternatives.
For the next 7 weeks we’ll be sharing with you some of her finest creations. Week 3, is a Smoky Chicken Fillet with Pan Roasted Peppers, Asparagus & Couscous. A dish that matches the incredible weather we’re having right now. Follow the below recipe and we would like to see your attempts.
Smoky Chicken Fillet with Pan Roasted Peppers, Asparagus & Couscous Recipe by My Nutition. An easy and very tasty recipe, with great flavours and textures. The smokiness of the chicken goes so well with the sweetness of the dried fruits in the couscous. Perfect for lunch or as an evening meal.
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
– 4 chicken fillets
– Smoked paprika, pinch
– Garlic powder, pinch
– Sea salt & Black Pepper, to taste
– 200 g Couscous (1 cup)
– 250 ml Vegetable stock (1 cup)
– 50 g Dried currants & cranberries
– ½ tsp Turmeric
Pepper & Asparagus
– 2 Red peppers, diced
– 500 g Asparagus
– 1 tsp oil
– 50 ml Vegetable stock
– Sea salt & black pepper, pinch
– 2 tsp pesto (optional)
1. Heat up a frying pan, medium to high heat. Sprinkle chicken fillets with garlic powder, smoked paprika, sea salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Cook chicken fillets on the dry hot frying pan, 3-5 minutes on each side, until golden and cooked through. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Cook red peppers and asparagus on the same pan, add a teaspoon of oil, then a splash of vegetable stock to steam fry vegetables, cook for 5 minutes, vegetables should be cooked al dente; Incorporate the pesto, stir gently. Set aside
4. Add dried couscous to a bowl, boil vegetable stock, turmeric and currants and cranberries, when boiling hot add to the dried couscous, stir well and cover for 5 minutes, stir with a fork before serving.
5. To assemble the dish, serve couscous, chicken fillet and pan roasted vegetables on top. Enjoy!
Jeeny Maltese, a Latin-American born TV chef & food writer. Featuring as celebrity chef on the RTE “Today Show with Maura & Daithi” and Virgin Media “The Six O’Clock Show”. Keynote speaker and guest chef at top festivals & events nationwide. Passionate about good eating & good food, making it accessible for everyone, through her cooking methods and philosophy. Enamoured with Ireland’s stunning land, quality food produce & its passionate people.